What Information Do We Collect About You?
We collect information about you when you sign up to our newsletter, contact us, or place an order for products or services. This can include: names of individuals, postal address, email addresses, and any other information relating to individuals. When you purchase through our Etsy store, we do not receive any information related to your financial transaction. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we offer. Jennifer Bull will not share your information for marketing purposes with third party companies. When you order through The Paper Scientist Etsy store, we do not receive any financial information from you and your order details (name and address, where applicable) are used only to complete your order or to contact you about information specific to your order. If necessary, details will be used to comply with legal obligations. You will not be added to our mailing lists when you make a purchase with us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your data is important and we share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, such as:
- Service providers. When you place an order through our Etsy store, we engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We only keep your data for as long as is necessary. Here's an overview of where data is kept and how long for:
- Mailchimp. If you sign up to our mailing list, your data will be held on our Mailchimp mailing list until you unsubscribe or request we delete your data.
- This website. Your comment and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either remove your comment, remove the blog post, or you request your information be deleted.
Marketing and Mailing Lists
If you have signed up to our newsletter, we would like to send you information about our products and services. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. As part of the registration process for my mailing list, we collect personal information (your name and email address). We use this information for the following reasons:
- to deliver you emails you’ve signed up to receive. These will contain information, offers, and details on items/services available for sale from Jennifer Bull.
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information.
Under 16 Years Old
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before providing any data to Jennifer Bull. This includes: signing up to my mailing lists, commenting on my blog, contacting me, or purchasing items from Jennifer Bull.
Commenting on any posts that I have published on my blog will save the information you enter to the website’s database. It may also save your IP address. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to anyone.
Your comment and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either:
- remove the comment
- remove the blog post
Should you wish to have the comment and its associated personal data deleted, please email us.
NOTE: You should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field of any blog post comments that you submit on this website.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to manage cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us